Friday, October 7, 2011

Taking a Close Look: Sharing an Image


My favourite couple, these two live on the top of Little Mountain (Queen Elizabeth Park or "QE" as it is known in the neighbourhood). The shot was taken around 7 p.m. in the evening (in September, not October, however). I got close because I've learned to do that through teaching a bit about composition and taking a few photography courses in college. I walk to the top of the mountain (it's only a few minutes from my home) and pass the bronze statues often. They never fail to amuse me, dressed as they are in the style of my own youth. It's kind of like an easily accessible time capsule of my peers' bad fashion choices. An interesting aside is that the other lady (not seen in this photo) was stolen a few years back and the public outcry was immediate and vocal. The thief did the right thing and abandoned the statue in a field out the valley. She's back now, amusing the tourists and locals no matter the time of day or night.

Click on the picture for a full sized view. Remember to email your photo along to me before 6 p.m. next Tuesday night. No need to send along any paragraph or notes; you will be presenting your story in class that day. Have fun!

No comments: